Monday, January 25, 2010

Goodbye Maplewood


We were very blessed in December, when after one and half years "on the market", our house in Maplewood, MO sold. This was bittersweet for me. Praise God that He provided for us for so long with two mortgages, but there was some sadness in saying goodbye to this house and the wonderful neighborhood of Maplewood.
John bought this house and completely rehabbed it adding the front porch that he designed. He worked for 13 months on this house while Ernie (2), Abby (6 months) and myself lived with John's parents, sister and Grandmothers. The children only saw him 1 1/2 days a week and I would stay up until 10pm every night to feed my weary beloved after his long day.
John customized this house to what he thought I would want and he was so right - double ovens, jacuzzi tub, 4 bedrooms... It was a wonderful house with many memories, especially that 3 more children were added to the clan while we lived there.
Maplewood was the MOST family-friendly community I have ever lived. Many friends were added during our 5 years there, especially our next-door neighbor, Judy, who has become an added member of our family. A few of us started a Bible Study, plenty of parks in walking distance, just walking around the block and visiting neighbors was a treat. So many great memories...

God did a wonderful work in us during this year and half wait. I have learned so much about the Lord, my husband, and myself on this journey. I do praise the Lord for the trial, but I am certainly thankful He has sold the house and the financial burden has ceased.

One great praise to the Lord was how He brought John and I to the realization that we had to ask for help. It is probably the only area where John and my personalities are alike; we are terrible about asking for help from anyone. We came to a place where the house needed to be staged and the yard "prettied up". Praise God for the people who came forward to help when we asked. Our family and friends (whether from my MOPS group, life-long friends, families from the Free Church, families from the school our children attend and even a family friend traveled from Gerald, MO - 1 1/2 hours away), came to serve the Lord by serving us. Our family and friends loaned us anything we needed to stage the house and take a trailer full of stuff to John's brother's house for storage. Praise the Lord for all of these wonderful people. I pray that He blesses them for how they blessed us. God is good!!!




The staged dining room.











Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment