Saturday, October 17, 2009

Forgiveness

My sis-in-law, Rebekah, gave me a book titled From Forgiven to Forgiving by Jay E. Adams.
This portion is based on "I will not remember your sins" Isaiah 43:25:

"Forgiveness is a promise! Never forget that fact. It is one of the most stupendous facts of all time. When our God forgives us, He promises that He will not remember our sins against us anymore. That is wonderful. ... Obviously, the omniscient God who created and sustains the universe does not forget, but he can 'not remeber.' You see, forgetting is passive and is something that we human beings, not being omniscient, do. 'Not remembering' is active; it is a promise whereby one person (in this case, God) determines not to remember the sins of another against him. To 'not remember' is simply a graphic way of saying , 'I will not bring up these matters to you or others in the future. I will bury them and not exhume the bones to beat you over the head with them. I will never use these sins against you.'"


1 comment: