Tuesday, October 20, 2009

What's On Your Mind?

What is on your mind in a day?
Today, I looked down at a pile of stuff that needed to be put into my clean office and I was shocked to realize this is probably what the compartments of my mind contain for daily life as a Mom of six. There is my beloved calendars. Yes, it requires two calendars to track everything - my children's activities, my husband's meetings & coaching schedule, my nights out with friends. Of course there are doctor's appointments, the PCCA volleyball schedule, etc in it as well. Next are all the things I need to remember with 3 children in school: three different grades, field trips, items to bring in for show-n-tell, snack schedules, homework assignments, etc. There are forms to fill out for the chiropractor. Do you see the Post-it note? I presently have 5 around my computer monitor all with things I must remember. A cookbook for meal planning, which requires much thought everyday. Even if the meal is planned you still have to remember to get the ingredients out and what time it needs to be served in order to be at gymnastics or basketball on time. Don't forget the library books - time to read, plus remembering the date the books need to be returned. Last, but not least, is a box of 100 calorie snacks because who isn't thinking about their weight and how they look and what their husband and children are eating. I am sure most women have these compartments and many more, but it was shocking to me to see them right in front of my face in a pile.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment