Friday, September 18, 2009

Friends and Chocolate


My children attend Providence Christian Academy. Every year the school has an Auction Gala. The item that got me most excited was a Death by Chocolate Party at The Chocolate Affair in Highland, IL. John said I could bid on it and YES! I won the party. After contacting some of my gal pals, we decided a day trip was in order with the Chocolate Party to conclude the evening. What do 5 women do on a day trip? Well, anything we wanted!! First up was a visit to my friend, Laura's house to see the new countertops/appliances and the wonderful lighting, next up Target, then lunch at Rachel's Garden in Belleville, another Target run, on into Lebanon IL for some antiquing and shopping, finally as we headed in to Highland, we stopped for a "light dinner" at Farmers, then finally The Chocolate Affair for the Death by Chocolate Party. My friend, Kim, joined us there. We did scavenger hunts for prizes, took a tour of the bed & breakfast, played dress-up, ate chocolate mess cake, anything we wanted to sample out of the candy store, plus chocolate fondue. (Needless to say I didn't eat anything until dinner on Sunday.) What fun we had! My friends were very gracious to let me take a lot of pictures, most of them in my own weird style. Laughter is the best medicine and this will go down as one of my favorite days!!



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment